Subject: Re: DYNAMITE
From: Adam Ives Chrystie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 18:01:59 -0800

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Jonathan Periard wrote:

> Can anyone help me out? I need to make a stick of dynamite with sparks
> flying as the whick burns then it finally explodes. No, I don't have SPARKS,
> is there a way to do it with some realism in LW.

1) Create morph targets using single point polygons in modeler.
2) Create the wick as a seperate object so it can move in to the dynamite 
stick (to simulate it shrinking)..you could also use the stretch feature 
in layout i guess.
4) use particle blur to simulate the streaks..some flares too..you might 
need medium aliasing for particle blur to work...

5) sparks might not have worked for this project..because particles do not 
blur 
correctly when using sparks plugin..so i hear..anyone wiht sparks confirm 
this? if i remember correctly it has been noted by allen already...and 
will work correctly with sparks on the next revision...so if you have 
sparks and you can't get the particles to blur..this is why.

----------------------------------
Adam Chrystie LightWave 3D Animator
Cinema/Video Major, Senior
University Of California at Santa Cruz